Posts tagged: design
Might get edited a bit before printing…
This is a t-shirt design for our society, we’ll only make 20 or so for current members. Every year they try to make one that relates to a big film of the year…
Apparently I’m going to be helping to design another SSAGO t-shirt tonight.
This time I won’t just be touching up previous drawings by tracing them (as with the Rally top) but instead drawing up my own design from Will’s ideas!
Yey for being the arty one out of a whole load of scientists (most Scouts are science people), and yey for p. much only having my dissertation to focus on now! :)
In the studio working on shelf plans.
I’ve realised that if I’m going to be screwing each piece to a backboard to hide the attachments then I don’t have to join every single section together. So, now I’m on a decluttering the visual field mission.
Once, I was a casual reader of Alex’s blog.
One post mentioned the name of his first album was going to be ‘Parrot Stories’ and I thought “I could draw something for that”.
Above, in the first image, you can see the first, realistic, parrot that I drew.
That there is some of the discussion that went on before we started emailing about it.
Basically, eventually I worked out and worked on the Parrot Stories art. Alan did the font eventually. (I sure do love that font!)
It’s now over 2 years since the album was released and nearly 3 since I started on this art. At the time I was still new to digital art and to be perfectly honest I know there are people out there who would have done a better job.
Alex took a chance on me though and this is something I am so proud of. That I had published album art at the age of 18.
Also, I’ve included some of the rejected versions and a sketch I did of Alex playing the guitar that just didn’t fit the aesthetic.
I hope you enjoy the chance to see this now that Parrot Stories is available to buy on BANDCAMP.
Posting this on my art blog because even though it is from 2009 I am still proud of it.
My Nerdfighteria Currency, “bytes”.
It was my 2010 summer art project, shown in the video below.
Notes are 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100. The sizes increase by 1cm each denomination sometimes in width sometimes in height so there are 3 square and 3 rectangular notes. This was an attempt to aid blind people.
They are printed onto acetate and laminated as I thought this would differ them from existing currencies.
Each note will has (would have) a unique serial number and in my examples I have used “nerdy” numbers.
[Sharing again now tumblr has photosets.]
Posting here because I’ve had a very theoretical week.